Friday, February 24, 2012

Yeah, I thought I needed sleep last week....Haha

I am 20x more tired tonight than last weekend. 
The reason for this is that I had a little adventure last night. 
To make a long story short, my best friend Amanda and I went to dinner, 
and we were driving back to my car so I could drive home, at about 10PM.
Her brothers car (which he had switched with her because he wanted to use hers for a long trip) was making a strange noise. 
And, in the middle of the street, while we were driving through a residential area of Indianapolis, 
our tire came off.
Like, completely off our car. 
We went right into the turn lane as our tire rolled left across the street.
It was scary, and we were pretty shaken,
but safe.
Amanda's dad drove 40 minutes to save us and put our tire back on,
because her brother's car didn't have a tire iron.
Seriously. 
It happened around 10P.M., by the time I got home, it was 1AM.  
I get up at 6:30 AM.
Boo. 
Honestly, though, someone upstairs was looking out for us.
It could have happened to her brother on the interstate far from home. 
We almost took the interstate, and didn't.
There was no damage to the axle of the car or the tire. 
We were able to pull into literally the only turn lane on the entire road.
We found all 5 lugnuts in the street, none of them rolled into the rocky ditch or across the road.
We were lucky,
and I am so thankful.

Also adding to the sleep depravation, 
I started full time student teaching on Tuesday.
It's been quite an eventful week, in an urban public elementary school kind of way.
One drug deal, one abuse report, a screaming match full of swearing, hungry kids, a bedbug outbreak, and of course, lots of kids with need.
but good things too.
Successful learning, a lot of good relationships made with my students, and, especially today, lots of smiles. 
But, I am exhausted.
I start officially teaching next week, 
math all day, all week.
I'm actually kind of excited about it!
love these kids so much already,
and I want to be a positive in their life.
Looking forward to the weekend, but I have so much to do.
I'm already overwhelmed.
Oh boy.
I think I'll start with some sleep.

1 comment:

  1. I'm thankful that you and your friend were not hurt...and I hope your first week full-time student teaching goes well :) And I hope you got some sleep this weekend!

    ReplyDelete