Sunday, January 29, 2012

Feeling good...

For the first Sunday in a while, I feel really blessed and lifted. 
We tried a new church (again) today.
Trying to find a new home church is so hard.
I started the morning feeling so frustrated and fed up.
We were running late, so we almost didn't go,
but I'm SO glad we did.

We tried "The Blended Church" this morning, 
and for the first time in a long while, I left feeling lifted and happy
We were hesitant at first, because it sounded too good to be true, but it turned out great!
For starters, I absolutely love seeing people come together despite different races and cultures, to worship our one God.
It was very inspirational, there were literally people of all ages and races there.
The building was simple, and I found out it is because they do a massive amount of outreach and community and missionary support, which is something I passionately believe in.
The worship was very gospel, with a little rock and even some funk thrown in, which is right up our alley. They have connection groups, and many great programs going on. 
The preaching is a bit more...enthusiastic 
than I'm used to, but it's not a bad thing, just different. And they have 3 pastors on staff, so I'm interested to see if it changes.
We haven't decided yet by any means, but I'm looking forward to going back.
I'm excited and feeling positive about Sunday mornings again, and I think this church has more potential then any others we've been too.
Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment