Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Finally...

I feel like I'm back to my old self. 
It got pretty rough there for a while.
But I'm seeing life in a positive light again, and feeling pretty good.

Due to this whole thing with school (my final, official appeal is the end of July, for those who are wondering) I've pretty much been feeling like a failure.
Yeah, that sums it up pretty well, just a failure at life. It wasn't just in school, it felt like it seeped into all the other aspects of my life. I felt like a failure as an employee, a friend, and a wife.

But I think it's over now. I think I'm finally realizing that one woman's opinion of me may derail my plans, but it doesn't define me

I have a job that doesn't make me miserable, and I think I'm pretty good at it. 
I have a loving family, especially my mother, who told me from day one of this whole fiasco that she was proud of me no matter what. 
I have all of my needs provided for, a nice house, plenty of food, and anything else that comes along.
I have good friends who listened to me cry and be miserable for 2 months, and still love me.
I have a wonderful husband, who loves me even when I'm silly, irrational, emotional, and just plain needy, as well as happy and carefree. 
And I have God's unconditional love.

So, with all of these things in mind, no more feeling sorry for myself, and feeling like a failure.
Life's to short to waist so much energy on one woman's opinion.
So I'm done.

I'm looking forward to the rest of my summer, and good food, fun with friends, impromptu dates with husband, and many hammock naps. 
Life is good.
And I finally realize that again.

2 comments:

  1. this post brought a huge smile to my face... proud of how far you have come through a difficult time in your life. yay for healing and positivity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you have had such a rough patch...but I'm happy to know you have found the good in all of it :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete